Planning a family trip to Panama City Beach, Florida would not be complete without bringing your four-legged members too! If you have never traveled with pets before, then it is important to remember to plan ahead, prepare for all situations and consider the needs of your furry friend. Including your pets in your vacation plans can add to the family fun and can alleviate the stress of worrying about them while you are gone. From road trip advice to activities that are pet-friendly, read on for advice on how to make your next vacation fun and relaxing for you and your pet!
- It is a safe practice to crate your dog when driving as they can pose as a distraction to the driver of the vehicle. In the event of an accident, it is safer for the animal and other passengers in the car if the dog is safely secured in their crate.
- If your dog suffers from motion sickness, do not feed them before traveling. During rest stops, give them a small amount of food and water and allow them to digest it by running or walking around.
- Some animals can get nervous in new spaces. Bring a favorite blanket/toy/bone with you to make them feel comfortable and relaxed.
- When choosing a place to stay, consider things like: Is there a place for them to run around? How will they go out to the restroom? If your dog is prone to accidents, renting a condo on the 10th floor may cause issues if your furry friend has to go out immediately.
- If you don’t want to leave your dog at the hotel/condo all day, there are a variety of places that allow animals to join your fun. Look up local places/restaurants/parks/etc. that are pet-friendly and plan your trip accordingly.
Bring Your Pets to Race City PCB!
Whether you have two or four legs, all are welcome at Race City in Panama City Beach, Florida. Looking for an adrenaline rush after a relaxing morning on the beach? Then plan a trip to our adventure park where there is something for every member of the family to enjoy. Our amusement park boasts 4 go-kart tracks, blacklight mini golf, bumper boats, thrill rides, and Panama City’s only Skycoaster! It’s the perfect place to come with the family and pets are welcome too!
If you are bringing your furry family member, we ask that you please keep all pets on a leash at all times.